Wednesday, January 07, 2009

things I need to use up in my pantry

Thanks to careful shopping and couponing over the summer and fall months (as well as holiday sales), my pantry is fairly well stocked right now. I also have several things in there that have been sitting on the shelves for a while because I didn't know what to do with them. Over the next few weeks, I need to make an effort to use up these items:
  • "cream of" soups
  • other soups (vegetable, chicken noodle, etc.)
  • stuffing mix
  • pie filling
  • spaghetti sauce
  • baked beans
  • olives (mostly black, but a few "exotic" ones too)
  • dried mushrooms
  • crackers
  • cold cereal
  • boxed macaroni and cheese
  • canned fruit
  • random sauces/toppings that I don't know how to use (olive tapenade, portabella mushroom relish, red pepper spread, etc.)

3 comments:

mentalutopia said...

Do you guys eat tuna? Some of those random spreads and sauces might be really good in tuna salad. We had a jar of that stuff you are supposed to put on muffaletta sandwiches and it made AMAZING tuna saled sandwiches. Tapenade and red pepper sauce are good on pasta too.

Kelli said...

We do eat tuna... or at least some of us eat it happily and others eat it under protest, but we all eat it.

I was debating on using some of the spreads and sauces on homemade pizza instead of the traditional tomato sauce. What do you think?

mentalutopia said...

California Pizza Kitchen style--that would work!